Thursday, March 1, 2012

Unbroken

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."



Ecclesiastes 4:12






This week has been especially trying. It has been dark and weary and bleak. I haven't felt this defeated in a long time. There has been so much pain this week...I know my God is sovereign and He has plan in all of this, yet my heart is still burdened. BUT I'm so thankful that I serve a loving, caring, and understanding God because I know that He knows my heart and that He allows me to rest in Him.




And I know that I'm not alone. The devil is involved in a full fledged attack on the children of God; he's doing his best to kick us when we're down. But you know what? I won't allow it. I started this blog off with a verse that is usually referred to regarding marriage, but it applies on an every day basis. God has given us brothers and sisters to help us fight when we are too weak to fight on our own. "A triple braided cord is not easily broken." I can trust that God will take care of me, my family, my community, our nation. I can trust that He will provide the support I need, whether it be through His word or through the people He has placed in my life....or through the Word being brought to light through those people. He equips us to fight, to stand. Ephesians 6:10-11 says,"...Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil." Even when we feel busted and broken, God makes a way for us to be unbroken as long as we hold on to Him and His promises.


I encourage you, friends....whatever you're going through right now, stand firm. It's harder to fall when you're strongly rooted in Christ. Cry out to the Lord and draw together as the body of Christ. Remember...WE WIN.



"The name of the LORD is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe." Proverbs .18:10

No comments:

Post a Comment