Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Gluten Free Banana Protein Muffins

I was so excited when I saw this recipe in my email. I have been craving muffins lately, but I can't freely indulge in them due to my low carb/gluten free diet. Not anymore! These little gems are perfect.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup ripe banana (about 1 large banana)
3/4 cup egg whites
1/2 cup plain low fat greek yogurt (I used plain Chobani yogurt)
3/4 cup oats (use gluten free if sensitive to gluten)
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Designer Whey, or you could use any flavor you would like!)
12-14 packets stevia (or 1/2 cup sweetener of choice)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, or line with silicone or foil liners, (spray liners if using).

2. Place all of the ingredients in a blender, (or food processor), and blend until mixture is smooth.

3. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

(Note: be sure to use either silicone or foil liners with the paper insert removed because they will stick, as does any muffin made with oats rather than flour!)


Servings: 12 (full size) muffins

Calories: 58 calories each (9 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber, 1 gram of sugar each)

(Recipe via dashingdish.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment