Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Why should I worry?


Letting Go

Without getting into too much detail, I have been struggling with some anxiety. At times it gets to the point where I am consumed and overwhelmed by that one little anxious thought. Now, this isnt a daily occurence but I came to realize that the anxiety was starting to gnaw away at my joy. It started to become a burden on my heart and I became convicted about it. I was driving home from work yesterday and I was listening to Christian talk radio, half paying attention because I was praying and asking God for peace. But something the radio host said caught my attention and she began to quote this verse: "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."- Jeremiah 29:11. Now, here's a little something about this verse. It always pops up whenever I'm dealing with something. I see it or read it or hear it somewhere else. I really felt God speaking to me in that moment...He does not call us to be fearful! 2 Timothy 1:7 tells us plainly, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." And again, in Joshua 1:9, "This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Letting go of fear is not a suggestion; it's a COMMAND! When we allow fear and anxiety to take over, we also allow doubt in God's faithfulness to creep in as well. Fear=no faith. I have to be obedient to the Lord. That means holding fast to His promises and and trusting that everything is according to His will. I don't want my fear to replace the faith I have. I know He holds me in the palm of His hand and protects me. He has my best interests at heart! I just have to trust Him and let Him do His thing. As cliche as it may sound, I have to "Let go and Let God." When that happens, there is no room for fear.

"Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall." - Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment